The term ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ refers to the owner of the website: THE WATERLOO SUBSCRIPTION BOWLING CLUB. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected at all times. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you comply with any changes. This policy was constructed on and is effective from 13.08.2015.
What Information We Collect:
Features on this website may collect the following information:
- Your name & contact information including email addresses & telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as your address, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and or offers
Ways In Which Our Website May Capture Your Personal Information:
- By filling in & submitting a contact form or booking form
- By subscribing to a mailing list
- By using social media links
- By interacting with an online chat client
- By commenting on posts or pages on our website
Analytics & Web Tracking:
Our website has tracking software installed which allows us to view our visitors via Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a service provided by Google which allows us to view who has visited our website & when. This service does not reveal any personal information about our clients, it simply shows us, in a set period, how many people have visited our website, which town or city they have come from, what search term they used to find us, what type of device was used in their session & what language they speak. No personal information such as name, address or contact information is collected.
What We Do With The Information We Gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting using the email address that you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or postal mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies often store your settings for a website, such as your preferred language or location. When you return to the site, your browser sends back the cookies that belong to the site. This allows the site to present you with information customized to fit your needs.
Cookies can store a wide range of information, including personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, email address, or telephone number). However, this information can only be stored if you provide it – websites cannot gain access to information you didn’t provide to them, and they can’t access other files on your computer.
How Do Cookies Help?
- They make our website work as you’d expect
- They improve the speed & security of the website
- They continuously improve our website for you
- They make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
Links To Other Websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can tick or untick to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing our webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org & they will let us know
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email our webmaster at email@example.com who will pass on the request to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address on our contact page. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.